Thursday, September 10, 2009

Random thoughts

Not too much exciting to report. We are getting the hang of our new schedule with school and all. The kids are all enjoying school and I must say that even though I really love my kids, I LOVE my quiet afternoons. After lunch, 3 are in school, Jaxon naps and I get 3 blissful hours to myself. It's marvalous!
We had a great labor day weekend. With Benjamin once again chasing his elk, the boys and I spent alot of time at my parent's in Payson. Of course we had to be there Monday for the great Onion Days celebration. That is one parade we never miss. After the parade my whole family hangs around for a litte bbq and fun conversation. It's the one"small" holiday that my family gets together for every year. Thanks everyone, it was fun!
I have spent most of the last month being a "hunting widow". Benjamin has spent alot of time in Monroe searching for his huge bull elk. I hope this doesn't offend, but this has really given me an insight in the life of single parents. Wow, I am in sympathy and awe! It's hard to do it on your own day after day. I really miss having an adult to talk to in the evenings and someone to relieve me from the kids at the end of the day. It gets quite lonely. I know my single life will end shortly but applause to all those who do it day after day. May you be blessed in your efforts!
And why is it that the problems that happen with the house, happen when he is gone? So far I've had the garbage disposal jam, the dishwasher stop working, and the smoke alarm beeping every 5 minutes. Luckily I got most of it working again after a few phone calls. I really need my husband back!
On the other hand, for some reason it is much easier to keep a schedule when he isn't here. Every night the boys and I read together and they get to bed on time. Plus I have watched a bunch of movies and read alot. Everything feels much busier when dad's around.
So like I said, nothing too exciting but sometimes I think I prefer things that way.

1 comment:

Holly said...

Sounds like fun times at your house. I have found that all things go wrong when Kennen isn't home also. It is a trial of knowledge and patience. Glad the boys are liking school. Did you all do a booth for Onion Days this year? Hope Benjamin gets his elk soon. Love you guys.