Tuesday, June 30, 2009
The first day = success!
I have all of the boys in swimming lessons for the next 2 weeks. Nathaniel and Ethan are in a class together, Caleb's on his own, and Jaxon and I are taking a Mom and Me class. The 3 boys lesson starts at 8am. The first day I had to drag them all out of bed at 7:30 to get their suits on. They complained and whined the whole way to the pool. It was still a little cool and I was surprised that they all jumped right into the water. The area where Ethan's class is the water is over his head so they brought in a platform and sunk it to the bottom for him to stand on. Pretty cool. They all followed everything the teachers asked. I was pleased that they all did so well. My class with Jaxon isn't until noon. He was a little hesitant at first but after he warmed up all he wanted to do was jump off the edge to me in the water. Benjamin and I both feel it is important that the boys feel comfortable and confident in water and that learning to swim is vital. It makes me happy to see them already feeling so comfortable in the pool. 8 more days of lessons to go, should be exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How fun is swimming? I would love to have gotten the boys in lessons. I sorta missed the cut off date though. Maybe next year. Good luck with the remaining lessons.
We did lessons with the girls a few weeks ago, and I can't believe how much their confidence and ability have improved since then! I hope your boys all do well, they seem pretty fearless, so I'm sure they'll be a bunch of little fishies by the end of the two weeks! Maybe we can schedule a day at a pool somewhere we we come out for the wedding!
Post a Comment