So Jaxon is the first of my boys to be attached to a blanket. He has his blankie, a blue and white striped crochet blanket made by my sister, Monica. He isn't attached to the point that it goes everywhere with him. He likes to have it to go to sleep and sometimes when he's hurt. When he was a baby he would suck and chew on the corners. He eventually narrowed it down to 2 corners and then down to 1. So now he has this one nasty corner that he likes to chew on. And trust me it gets NASTY! Quite awhile ago I started telling him that corner was yucky and I would say "ewe, gucka"(I guess that is how you would spell it.) Thus this corner began being affectionaly called "gucka". Well I in that past I have washed his blanket weekly but in the craziness of life I had overlooked it's washing for several weeks. So this corner had gotten especially brown and crusty. This week I finally got the blankie into a load and got it nice and clean. That night Jaxon gets in bed, spreads his blankie on him and begins the search for "gucka". After a few moments he looks at me and questions "gucka?". I start offering him different corners and saying "is this it?" to which he would respond "no, where gucka?" Then he starts calling "gucka, where are you?". I found it so funny that once "gucka" was clean he couldn't find it anymore. I haven't seen the blanket in his mouth since. I think he is sure that "gucka" has disappeared. As for me, I hope it has run away never to return.
(I've added the latest photos of the house so check out the slideshow. We have windows and exterior doors. The 4 way inspection is on Monday and then we cruise into insulation and sheetrock)
2 comments:
That is really funny!
Jon wondered about your windows and doors. Glad it is done they look really nice! I know alot of times the framers will included the installation with there price. No worries. I love to see your pics it gets me all excited for you! Nothing better than new.
See ya tomorrow
Post a Comment