So a year ago we were living in our small, 2 bed 1 bath, 110 year old home. We had spent the previous 4 years
remodeling it. We were dreaming of the day when Benjamin would finish school and we could buy a bigger, newer house. He graduated last May and he began his new job as a "grown up". So early that summer we listed our house and began the search for the new great house. I always dreamed of the day when I would be able to go look at nice houses and how fun it would be. Well, the reality is that although exciting at first it gets really old, really fast. We received an offer on our house the first of August and were to close the end of the month. So we went into a whirlwind of "where do we go? what do we do?" We decided to build a house and find
somewhere to wait out the building process. Benjamin's parents
graciously opened their home to us and we took up residence in their basement, knowing that shortly our home would be built (or so we thought). We ended up having problems with the developer and backing out. At that point it was nearly Christmas and we decided it was time to have our own space and let Palmer's have theirs. We found a rental home on 5 acres in West Mountain(near
Payson) and moved right in. So back to square one. We decided that since "it's a buyers market" (I say HA), we would check some of
the many homes that are now for sale. We began looking at houses in a development in Salem that was full of brand new homes sitting waiting for buyers willing to pay their
blown up asking prices. They are all bank owned at this point. After weeks of looking at different homes in the area we picked one on which we would make an offer. We
really low balled just to see what would happen. Apparently they would rather have them empty then get any money for them. The day they rejected the offer was the day I hit the end of the rope, I was done! I wanted a house and I was done with the whole dumb house looking
rigmarole (I don't know how to spell that but i
t seemed a
fitting word.) The fun I had dreamed of had long expired.
Anyway, we looked back at our original lot we were going to build on and decided that for some reason it keeps coming back to haunt us. Maybe that was the right place for us. We decided to go through with it and got the ball rolling. We have spent the last month in a flurry of finalizing house plans, looking at carpet and tile and light fixtures and cabinets and
countertops, and picking the colors of everything from stucco and
raingutter to paint and shingles. Today was to be the beginnning day and I drove over to check it out. Here is the sight I
found




YEA!! I was so excited to finally see the beginnings of our home. After months and months of uncertainty in our life, we are finally seeing the light at the end of the road. It should be a fun process watching the house go up. I plan to document the entire thing, I mean how often do you watch your house be built? What an exciting day!!
4 comments:
Horray! Congratulations! What a big deal! So what is the basic layout of the house? I'd love to know more about your plans!
That is awesome! Eli really liked looking at the picture of your 'digger.'
Yea!!!! I am so excited for you guys.
Finally, finally!!! I am so glad that this is finally going up! I hope it goes up well and fast so that you can close this chapter and begin living life in your own new home. Congratulations! We are so happy and excited for you all!
Post a Comment