As is typical for March in Utah, we get a small taste of warm spring temperatures,then winter returns dropping inches of snow in a blizzardly furry. I don't think many of us appreciates these spring "teasers". It's the time of year when the closet is overflowing as we begin to unbox the short sleeves and shorts, yet the coats and sweaters must remain. I have finally come to realize that spring cannot be dependable enough to stick around until at least April, if not May (it may be sooner but it's less disappointing this way). Yes, you must love spring in Utah (at least accept and embrace).
The best part for Benjamin was that he got to use the snowplow one more time. The boys all enjoyed it as well. Jaxon wasn't ready to go out when everyone else did and he stood in the window yelling "WAIT Daddy!! WAIT Daddy!" As for me, I stayed inside and warm.
Benjamin had a good hunt last Saturday. I will spare you the details, but they came out with 24 birds and the dogs did great (which is always relief, especially since we've been dealing with a rebellious "teenager" stage dog). He left at 3:30am (which I have previously mentioned) and arrived back home at around 6. I left about that time to head to scrapbook night.And on to that. It's so nice to have my night away from home, to hang with the girls and do my thing. We made some darling pages and I already have photos on 2 of them. My sister and sister-in-law also attend scrapbook night and I enjoying hanging with them and chatting.
Last night for family night, we took turn saying something nice about each member of the family. It was really cute to see what the boys would come up with to say about each other, things that kinda surprised me. Like, Ethan is very inventive and good at creating neat things and he lets people help him make inventions, Nathaniel is a great helper and he plays with everyone, Caleb is a good friend and wants everyone to be happy and he is good at finding things for everyone to do when they are bored, Jaxon makes everyone feel good because he expresses great joy when anyone comes home. The highlight though was that Caleb said this about Nathaniel "I like Nathaniel because when Ethan is being mean to me, Nathaniel will go be mean to Ethan." So not exactly what we were looking for but I guess they look out for each other. And of course family night rounded off with a game of sardines and a treat of bar sugar cookies (the best way yet to make sugar cookies).
Well, there's the lastest. We are waiting to hear the report on my parents anniversary cruise. They should be home sometime this week. I get to experience my first scouts this week (last week was cancelled due to weather). They are building birdhouses so it should be interesting.
Hope everyone is staying warm, they say it's supposed to warm up by the end of the week so I will look forward enjoying some sunshine (at least until the next blizzard decides to pass this way).
4 comments:
I guess the good thing about new snow is all the fun you get to have with the boys and the 4-wheeler sled. Ah the memories!
JK
Your boys are too sweet! We love playing with them! It'll be great when it gets warm...and stays warm!
Gotta love the snow, we got stuck in Utah cause I-80 was closed. Try finding a cheap hotel in Park City (I don't think they make one) I am glad the boys enjoyed the snow and Benjamin had a good time hunting. You will have to post your scrap book pages sometime so we can all see the fun things you do. Love ya lots.
Okay you got me the tutorial is fixed Thanks
Post a Comment