Saturday, November 22, 2008

A wonderful weekend

Last night we attended a Christmas Charity Ball. It was sponsored by our credit union and all the proceeds are going to help families for Christmas. Local businesses provided dinner and there was a 40's style "big band" to provide the music. Once we had decided to attend, I thought I may as well go all out. I went and bought a formal dress and I did my hair all up in curls. Benjamin was going to wear his suit and then surprised me with a tux. He even bought me a corsage. We had a great time, dancing the two step, the waltz, and the swing. We are greatful to Uncle Jacob for staying here with the kids.


Today we went on a four wheeler ride with a friend. We drove up Spanish Fork canyon then parked and took off on the four wheelers. We put about 20 miles on ours today. It is really peaceful and relaxing to ride around in the beautiful mountains. As always, it was nice to spend time with Benjamin. And we are forever in debt to my parents who are always so willing to babysit for us, even when the kids are pucking sick (as Jaxon was today).
We are approaching our 10 year anniversary (unbelievably). I just have to praise what a wonderful husband I have. He was so sweet to willingly attend the ball and make it such a special night. He even gave me an early anniversary-present a gorgeous diamond necklace. I thoroughly enjoyed riding around the mountains holding on to him tightly. I treasure all these wonderful memorable moments we share. I am so lucky to have him.

4 comments:

Andie said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR! It looks so nice! Stunning is all I can say, well you know I can talk your ear off, You just looked so very very nice Melinda, Hubba Hubba Benjamin!

Melissa Lasley said...

You looks SO beautiful, I am jealous. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. I'm glad things are going well for you. Happy Anniversary this week!

Holly said...

You look so beautiful. How fun is that? I am glad that you all got to go out just the two of you. Happy Anniversary!!!!

Pays said...

I love your dress!! I'm glad that you guys had fun. I wish we could have gone with you...maybe next year!