Sunday, September 14, 2008

We've had some wonderful weekends of memorable experiences. Here's the highlights:
Benjamin endured more snow and rain than he did hunting on his hunting trip. Due to the weather their hunting days were limited. But it was a good experience that he thoroughly enjoyed. Here's a picture of camp, notice all the snow.
Our annual tradition is to attend the Onion Days parade in Payson followed by a BBQ. All of the family goes to my parent's plus often some aunts, uncle, and cousins. This year we all met and faithfully walked to the parade route and got our spot hoping the gray skies would soon clear. As the parade came into view, the rain bagan to fall. Soon we were all drenched, so we gave up on the parade and trudged home trying our best to keep out of the downpour under blankets and umbrellas. When we got to my parents house, everyone took off their pants and wrapped up in blankets and towels while we puts loads of wet clothes through the dryer. Although the day didn't quite turn out as planned, everything worked out and it made for a memory I'm sure we will talk about for years to come.
We were able to attend the temple with my brother Jon and his wife in St George. It was the first time I have been in the temple with my brother. It was wonderful to be there together.
We had the opportunity to go to Manti last weekend to attend the sealing of their family. What a beautiful occasion. It was so neat to see their family all gathered together dressed in white as they were sealed forever as a family. What a blessing it is to have ability to be sealed together forever.I spent every spare moment the week before sewing the white dresses for their 2 girls. It was stressful and I barely got them done in time but I think they were beautiful and the girls looked so pretty. I have to show off my work a little - (notice the scalloped edge, that took me half a day to do) I actually really enjoyed making them (so Andrea, don't go getting all apologetic on me again).Anyway, it's nice that life has calmed down a little. I now just try to keep up with who has to go to school when and when I pick them up again. Palmer's have had lots of fruit ripe and ready to process so I have been bottling peaches and making jam. It's kept me busy and it adds to the food storage, which is always a good thing to do.
We have been meeting with our builder trying to finalize our house plan. We want to make sure it is just what we want. We are waiting to see if we can get a certain lot, hopefully we will know tomorrow, then once we finish the plans we can get things rolling.
This Saturday we have the opportunity to attend the wedding of my nephew. I still find it hard to believe that I am old enough to have nieces and nephews get married. It's crazy.
Well, I guess that's all the news for now. We are trying to settle into a schedule in our unsettled lives. Benjamin received a calling today, our first Sunday to attend the ward. I think we are mostly unpacked and we are daily saying "I wish I had ______, but it's in a box somewhere." We just may find out how much we have that we don't really need.  This may be a good way to really de-junk. Anywayhow, that's all for now. Tchau!

3 comments:

Andie said...

How about Thank you Thank you Thank you for the dresses rather than the usual I am sorry I knew you were stressed way thin..... but they turned out beautiful! They will be so nice to keep for the girls as a momento. We are so thankful you were both their to share in our experience and for you both with the pictures, I just love all the poses It was perfect! Thanks again

Pays said...

Never a dull moment at your place, huh? What beautiful dresses you made! I'm sure they just cherish them. We still need to get together. I was thinking we could do something like the Halloween river cruise or something fun for the kids. What do you think?

Holly said...

AMAZING! that is all I can say. I am glad all is going well for the family. I can't wait for the day that I will be unpacked. We will be visiting the salvation army lots I am sure. We haven't seen our stuff since the first of July so it will be interesting. Thanks for everything and good luck with the house plans. We close hopefully on the 26th of Sept. Tell the boys hi from us and we will talk with you soon.