Sunday, September 21, 2008

A relaxing Sunday afternoon

After a busy Saturday of attending my nephew's wedding and all the events that go along with a wedding, it was nice to have a day to hang out. And we did just that today. After church and some lunch, Nathaniel asked if we could make cookies. Benjamin told him to get recipe books and find a cookie recipe he wanted to make. So after some looking he found a recipe for chocolate x's and o's. Benjamin helped Nathaniel and the other boys make the cookies. It was fun to see them all working together. They cookies were so big I think we only got 2 dozen instead of the 5 dozen the recipe was suppose to make, but they were good anyway.
We decided to take the dogs out for a run. We went and found a big field and let the dogs go. I wandered around with boys and hunted for grasshoppers. Jaxon thought it was funny to hold a grasshopper in his hand. Unfortunately he would let them go quickly and them yell for another. Nathaniel found an old tire and Benjamin helped him get it to the top of a hill and let it roll down. Ethan picked pocketfuls of flowers, (we discovered when he got home and emptied them on the table). Caleb wanted to see how many grasshopper he could hold in his hands at once. We wandered around for an hour. It was so nice to just hang out with the family in some old fashioned fun.
The task left for tonight is to finish my meal list so I can make a grocery list so I can shop tomorrow when I only have 1 child to deal with. So back to it I go.

3 comments:

Andie said...

sound like the best kind of sunday!

Holly said...

That sounds like a lot of fun. I found that living the way we have the last 3 months have let us do a lot of fun things like that. Enjoy it while you can before you get into your own house. Give the boys our love. I am glad it is not just mine that decides to cut their own hair.

Melissa Lasley said...

I think I need to start having meal plans. What foods work best for you guys? (Cheap and easy of course)