Thursday, January 3, 2008

A brand new year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. We did. The boys had a lot of fun. Nathaniel would say his favorite part is that he got a "real" guitar. Benjamin also got a guitar and the 2 of them are going to take guitar lessons together. They are both pretty excited. They were supposed to start last night but the teacher didn't show up. We'll try again next week.
It was nice to have Benjamin home a bunch through the holiday. We enjoyed being together, but I sure am glad that schools back in. I think having all of the kids home all day makes us all a little crazy.
One day during his break, Benjamin says "want to do something crazy?" A few ideas ran through my head as to what "something crazy" might be. Anyway, the idea was to remodel our bedroom. So Friday night we started first by emptying the room into the playroom and livingroom. Then the fun started by taking down the sparkly popcorn ceiling and the wallpaper. It was a few days of a messy house, sleeping in the living room, the kids running wild, and us working hard - but we've textured, primed, painted, put in a new light fixture, new door, and new closet doors. We lucked out and got someone to measure for carpet on New Years Eve and then someone to install it on New Years Day. So that was the final step in moving back in. We are waiting for the new window to finish the transformation. It looks pretty amazing. We feel like we finally have nice, normal bedroom. So all craziness aside, we are pretty happy with it.

Well, thought I'd write a quick post. When I have more time I will post some current photos of us and our little family. But here's a few of Jaxon recent adventures. (notice the bruises, memories of adventures had)




1 comment:

Melissa Lasley said...

How exciting! When you first said you remodeled your bedroom I thought you were going to say you moved the furniture around, but when you guys remodel, you really remodel.
The pictures of Jaxon are so cute! He is his own little person and I can't wait to know him better.