Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Growing Up

Nathaniel just celebrated his 12th birthday.
 He chose to go to Hang Time with a couple of his good buddies.  Benjamin and I decided to sit out of the fun this time.  They all had a good time even though it was cut a little short by Ethan's baseball team selection that day.  After Ethan was done we enjoyed some dinner at Cracker Barrel.  The funny part is Nathaniel chose to eat there because "they have the best cranberry juice".  I tried to tell him it was probably juice you could buy anywhere but he is certain that Cracker Barrel makes the best.  He wanted a smiley face cake so I did my best on that.
 Nathaniel has also been learning to fly fish and has been wanting his own set of waders.  He was happy to discover that's just what we got him for his birthday.  He also got a bigger bike.
I can't believe he is growing up so fast.  He is the sweetest boy (when he is not having his preteen mood swings).  He loves little kids and is already a great babysitter.  He has taken on a few babysitting jobs for neighbors.  I often get comments from people about how responsible and hard working he is and that makes me feel great.  Today he starts back into guitar lessons.  He is all signed up for Junior High which he is super excited for and I am scared to death.  He is a great kid and I am proud to be his mom.
The next Sunday Benjamin was able to ordain him to the priesthood.  He gave him a beautiful blessing and it was a special day.  We are thankful for the family who were able to come celebrate with us.  It also happened to be Easter so it was an extra special day.  Here's my guys all dressed in their Sunday best.
 And here is what happens when I try to take a picture of all my guys.  Gosh I love them.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry we missed it we had plans to go south and then ended up going north instead for an extended family emerg. thing. Long story, I won't bore you with. Anywho We are so proud of Nathaniel! He is one is a million! I know how scary it is when they go to Jr. High. But he will do great, and be a great example to everyone he comes in contact with. We sure love him!