I also got to celebrate my birthday in January. It ended up on Martin Luther King Day so the kids and Benjamin all got to be home. We decided to try out cross country skiing. We went to a place in Springville Canyon where you can rent the gear and they have several miles of trails. Ethan and Nathaniel had both been before on school field trips so they took right off. Caleb also picked right up on it and led the pack most of the time. The only one who struggled was Jaxon but I think mostly because when we talked about skiing he pictured downhill. Plus he didn't eat his breakfast and he doesn't do well on an empty stomach. So most of the way he complained that there weren't enough hills. At the end of the trail we found a pretty good hill so he was happy taking several runs down that. We were glad that Daniel and Erin were able to join us so they could stay in the lead with the older boys while we stayed behind to encourage Jaxon to keep moving.
For dinner we ended up at Texas Roadhouse (surprise, surprise) where Nathaniel ate an entire basket of rolls plus his dinner and then proceeded to throwup in the car on the way home (luckily he had mentioned feeling sick so I had already equipped him with a bag. It was most exciting. We came home for brownies and ice cream and some gifts. The bed set we made was most of my present but of course Benjamin had to get a few other things as well. He and the boys picked me out a puzzle that makes me think they have way more faith in my skills than I do. I love puzzles but I honestly don't know if I will ever be able to complete this one. It was a great day spent together with the ones I love most.
Also a shoutout to my awesome friends who took me to lunch at Kneaders. I honestly had the best sandwich ever and the most delicious, chocolatey bonbon moose thing. You guys are the best!


1 comment:
LOVE to cross country ski; of course it has been years since I last went, but oh how fun for you and your family. Kneaders is my new vice!
Post a Comment