Last week Benjamin decided to teach me how to fly fish. I admit I was pretty hesitant about it but I decided to be a good sport and go along with it. There is a guy in our ward who is a professional fly fishing guide and he got me all set up with waders and a pole. He even gave Benjamin his whole pack of flies to take along. So we bundled up - and I mean bundled up. It was supposed to a warm 40 degrees that day but we were going to stand in a river with banks covered in snow. So I put on thermals, leggings, fleece pajamas, and 2 pairs of sweats. Yep, that's 5 pairs of pants. To that I added 3 pairs of socks with foot warmers, 2 shirts, a hoodie, a fleece, and a coat. So anyway, we headed to the Provo River and found our hole. I added a pair of waders to my already bundled self and into the river we went. It was amazing how peaceful it was. There was something about the water rushing past my legs, the quiet, the whole atmosphere. I ended up falling into the river twice. Once when I just lost my footing and filled my waders with water and once when I caught a fish and lost my balance reeling it in. Luckily all my layers soaked up the water and I still didn't get cold. Benjamin and I each caught 1 fish, but mine was bigger :) I had a great time, I enjoyed it much more than I thought, and I am actually casually shopping for some gear of my own.
1 comment:
Yea you! It sounds freezing cold, but fun!
Post a Comment