Thursday, May 3, 2012

Easter


Easter is a holiday I always struggle with.  I hate the commercial side of it.  I hate feeling like I have to buy my kids a bunch of candy and junk to celebrate.  I would much rather spend the time focusing on the Savior and the real reason we have Easter.  We've never even really talked about the easter bunny to the boys and I am pretty sure they know that it's us that gives them a few treats on Easter.  Benjamin and I each grew up celebrating Easter in very different ways so it has always been a debate on what we should do for our family.  This year we decided to copy a Christmas tradition of one of our neighbors.  We ran strings, a different color for each boy, all over the house to make a giant maze.  Their little basket of goodies was found at the end along with some new church clothes.  The kids had a ball following their string to the end and we enjoyed watching it all.  I think we have found a fun new tradition that will stick.
Can you see all the strings?

The boys ready and waiting to start

No comments: