I feel like we have just been running lately, there has been so much going on. Let me see if I can remember the important parts for a quick catchup.
Last week was safety week at the kids school. Monday was the family safety night. They had various stations where you could learn about different aspects of safety. I guess the highlight was the seatbelt tester. Let me see if I can explain it. There were 2 small jeeps facing each other. 1 person would get in each one and buckle up. They would then back up both people and then ram them headon into each other. Quite the experience! It's amazing the impact at even low speeds. I had a headache the rest of the night.
Tuesday we had pack night where Nathaniel received his Arrow of Light (more on that later).
Thursday we went to the reservoir for a fishing class Benjamin is teaching for a bunch of kids in the ward. I hauled the coleman stove and cooked up burgers and dogs.
Friday I went to the Womens Expo with a couple of friends. We had a good time wandering - we got a free loaf of bread and raided the $1 tables at a scrapbook booth. Afterwards I went to the school to decorate a teachers door for teacher appreciation week. They wanted the class involved so I took charge for 30 minutes and had the kids help with the decorations. I think it came out pretty cute.
That night Benjamin was gone to a scout training so I stayed up way too late watching tv. I found a show on Netflix called Jane by Design, I think I watched 5 episodes that night.
Saturday was running day for the school. The 2 older boys and I did the 5k and Caleb ran the 1 mile. Ethan is a great runner. I didn't see him from the time he left the starting line until I reached the end. He finished first for his grade.
That's all I can come up with for now. We got back a disk of the family photos my wonderful sister-in-law took for us at the last minute. I think they are pretty cute. Here's a small sampling.




3 comments:
Your pictures are awesome! The flowering trees made a beautiful backdrop.
The pictures are beautiful!!! I love the trees behind you guys. :)
I was just telling Benjamin yesterday how much I LOVE your pictures. Your sister-law did an amazing job!
We so need to get our two little families together for a cookout up the canyon when it warms up. Let us know when you are free it has been WAY too long!!
Post a Comment