Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Life is Precious

While Benjamin was in RPA school, we made friends with a few people in Florida who were in his classes.  Last summer one of them had a baby.  She was born with a heart defect and has spent alot of time in the hospital.  I just found out that she passed away on Sunday due to complications of a open heart surgery.  My heart is just breaking for our dear friend.  They aren't members of the church which only makes their loss harder as they don't have the comfort of eternal families.  We continue to pray for them that they will be comforted and that maybe someday we can help them find peace in the gospel of Jesus Christ.
I am realizing lately just how precious life is.  How we need to enjoy each day we are given and make sure those around us know how much we love them.  When Benjamin and I were first married, I always made sure to say "I love you" before we parted ways each morning.  I always thought "if something happens today, I want to make sure those are the last words he hears."  It may sound silly and even though I have slacked over the years I still feel that its important.  We need to realize what really matters and not worry about the little things that don't.  We should take every chance to hold our children and kiss them and hug them (even if they protest).  Sometimes the dishes, or the laundry, or the internet will just have to wait so we can enjoy those precious moments life gives each day.  This is my new endeavor -  to not take life, love ones, or my many blessings for granted.  To live and enjoy each day for the good or the bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing to me how the loss of a loved one seems to put everything back into perspective. I know it has for me this last year. I know it sounds so lame to say but it is still so true time heals all wounds. They never go away but over time they seem to lessen in the hurt. Anywho you and your friends are in our prayers.