Sunday, February 5, 2012

Are you for Scuba? (can you name the movie?)

A few months ago I decided to be crazy and I bought some vouchers on City Deals for a Discover Scuba class.  I thought it might be fun to try.  Friday night Benjamin went to Springville to Scuba Ted's to attend our class.  We ended up being the only ones there which was nice because we got a private lesson.  After getting our gear we headed to Springville pool to try our underwater experience.  After the initial teaching session, we went to the deep end to play.  My first 2 attempts to go deeper ended in a "I can't breath" panic.  Finally my third time down I was able to get to the bottom of the deepest end and swim around for a while.  Benjamin picked it right up and had no trouble.  It was a fun night and we enjoyed trying something new.  Here's our conclusion on scuba diving:
1.  We will never swim at Springville pool again.  The things we saw at the bottom were completely disgusting.  I am going to pretend that not all pools are the same.
2.  We don't feel like there is much opportunity for diving in Utah, therefore it's not worth the cost of being certified unless you travel alot, which we don't.
3.  Someday if we ever do leave Utah and go somewhere exciting, we may take another go at it given the opportunity to ocean dive and see things cooler than the gunk at the bottom of the pool.
We are thankful for Benjamin's parents taking the kids overnight (since the class went until 11pm).  We had a nice evening together and even went out to breakfast the next day.  Hurray for date night!!!

1 comment:

Andie said...

You should talk to Jeremy S. about where to scuba in Utah. I know they go up to Midway to the crater to scuba. Glad to hear you had fun. Added bonus just one more reason for me NOT to swim in Springville.