Last night Benjamin took the 2 older boys up to the Logan areas so they could hunt the opening of the pheasant hunt this morning. They were going to drive up early today but I got nervous about the weather and we ended up finding a hotel for them. Last night I called to say goodnight and the boys were so funny. Nathaniel said "mom, this is the best hotel room ever! our room has a microwave and a fridge and a dish and a nice heater and a tv." Ethan spent several minutes describing some light that was controlled by a knob on the wall (I didn't really understand what he was talking about). I can tell my kids haven't been in many hotels. They were so excited it was cute. Hoefully they have a good, successful hunt and aren't freezing.
Since they were off having fun, I decided that I should have some fun with the younger 2 boys as well. We ate at McDonalds (in Spanish Fork which in under construction and I found it really disturbing to eat in a tornup building with very little seating and the playground in taken apart) then we saw The Smurfs at the Spanish Fork theater. It was a silly movie and the boys got some good laughs.
When we got home they were both tired and anxious for bed. Jaxon actually got in bed and went to sleep by himself before I even knew he had. I stayed up and watched 2 movies while I folded and put away 2 weeks worth of laundry. Yea me!
I get a break from work for a while since they just left for 11 days for festivals. It will be nice to have time for some much needed deep cleaning at both my house and in their shop.
Today is the perfect day to get the house cleaned up and stay hidden inside from the cold and snow.
1 comment:
We stayed in a hotel last year and Will thought it was so cool that he could lay in bed and watch tv. And they had a popcorn bowl and microwave popcorn waiting for you. He was in heaven! Love when they are still so easily pleased :)
Post a Comment