Monday, May 2, 2011

Future Businessmen?


A couple of weeks ago on one of those rare sunny days the boys asked if they could sell lemonade.  I was hesitant at first thinking nobody ever buys it.  Finally I relented and they were off setting up tables and chairs and making batches of lemonade and KoolAid.  They made signs to hang from their scooters and bikes and they rode around the neighborhood advertising.  They even offered delivery service.  They sold it for 25 cents and in the end they made just under $20.  I was amazed.  It was neat that so many of our neighbors came over to buy some koolaid (even though the first batch ended up without any sugar).  It just added to my conviction that we live in an awesome neighborhood.

1 comment:

Pays said...

The same thing happened with my kids last year. I didn't think they would make anything and a half hour later they had over 20 bucks! Super fun for the kids!!