Our dog, Ally, is a trained bird dog. She loves to run the field and hunt birds. However, she also likes to find other wild animals, such as skunk and giant raccoon and try to take them down. Yesterday Benjamin and his brother went chucker hunting and Ally took them on a new adventure. This time she tried to hunt down a porcupine and I'm sure she learned that it was not a good idea.
Luckily Benjamin's brother stayed to help remove the quills because I never could have done it. I couldn't even watch, it was just painful and nauseating. It took them about 2 hours to get most of the quills out. Apparently she tried to eat the thing as she had quills all through her teeth and woven through her tongue.
The poor girl! Maybe some day she will learn to only hunt for birds.


No comments:
Post a Comment