Saturday, September 18, 2010

He's a Big Boy Now!

Anyone who has talked to me about children much knows how much I dislike potty training.  I've often said that it is my least favorite part of parenting.  I just hadn't had great experiences with any of the boys.  I don't like dealing with the accidents and I was especially dreading doing it here with my new carpet.  Off and on over the past year, Jaxon has expressed interest in the potty.  I've never pushed it because I didn't feel mentally ready to face a week of dedicated training.  Plus he never really seemed super interested.
We've all heard those stories of kids who train when they are 10 months old, or the ones who train in a day without any problems or accidents.  I admit I always responded to such stories with a frustrated roll of my eyes.  But lo and behold, I have been blessed with my own amazing potty training story.
Jaxon has pretty much potty trained himself in the last couple of weeks.  It all started one morning when he got up, took his diaper off and went to the bathroom without me knowing.  After a couple days of that, I figured he must be serious about it.  We switched to underwear and he just took off with it. I never even had to do much.  He goes #1 and #2 on his own, stays dry all night, goes to the bathroom without even telling me, and has had very few accidents.  It has been so amazing and wonderful!  He is so proud he will tell anyone "I wear underwear now".  What a cutie he is!!
Hurray to Jaxon for becoming a "big boy" and hurray to me for no more diapers (I don't think I've experienced that in 9 1/2 years)

3 comments:

Holly said...

YIPPEE!!! Congratulations Jaxon!

Melissa Lasley said...

That is awesome!

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

Congratulations Jaxon! You really are a big boy! Miya is 3 and 1/2 and she is just now finally potty trained, so lots of good potty vibes all around!