I've become aware lately of just how blessed we are to literally have angels among us. By this I mean, wonderful people who selflessly bless others lives. People who even though they are facing their own trials, look for ways to help and serve others.
I knew an angel in our last neighborhood, a sweet gal who was always there to help anyone, anytime. I was personally affected by her willingness to be there and it was truly touching
A couple of weeks ago we got a new neighbor. She has already become one of those most amazing people I have ever met. She is always smiling and complementing others, never has a negative thing to say. She is constantly offering to help in primary wherever needed. The really amazing thing about her is that you see this sweet, smiling women and you would never know that she is caring for a severely handicapped son. I was reading her blog which details the path they have taken since their son was born 5 years ago and wow, have they gone through trials! Even though it must be tough to care for their little guy, she considers it a blessing and an honor to be able to care for him. Her attitude and outlook is just exemplary. She said something the other day that really struck me, "I've learned that you just can't judge people, because no matter how they look everyday you just don't know what trials they are facing behind closed doors." So true! The severity of the trial may vary, but we all have them and none are easy to face. I think it's all about our attitude and how we chose to learn from each trial we face. My new friend is such a great example to me and I hope I can learn to look at life more through her eyes.
So today I am aware of the amazing people we are blessed to encounter throughout our lives. I look forward to many years of getting to know my wonderful new neighbor even better, because I'm sure she will yet teach me many more things.
4 comments:
What a wonderful reminder Melinda. I'm glad you've found such a great friend.
Makes everything worth while when we have a friend like this in our lives, Good to hear you have great neighbors and friends.
What an awesome reminder.. thanks!! Love you guys and miss ya!
People like that always make me want to try a little harder and do a little better so that some day I could maybe be there for someone else who needs help. Someday... I definitely have a long way to go, but those amazing people inspire me :) Thanks for sharing that :)
Post a Comment