Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fools

Our day started off with a nice trick from nature - 3 inches of snow.  Yuck!  We keep hoping that the sun might stick around one of these days.
Last year on April Fools Day I made a trick snack for the boys and they still love to talk about it.  First thing this morning they were asking what I was going to make for today.  Well, I couldn't let them down.
I started off the morning with pancakes.  Some were normal, everyday pancakes and some were styrofoam covered in pancake batter.  I was nearly on the floor laughing at the looks on their faces as they discovered the foam.  It was really funny.
So my next trick came for dinner.  The menu appeared to be cupcakes and ice cream.  But when you took a bite it was a whole different flavor.  Meatloaf cupcakes with mashed potato frosting (colored to look like frosting) and on the side -ice cream scoops of mashed potatoes with gravy (to look like caramel sauce).  It was a fun and tasty.  (Sorry no pictures)
The rest of the day there were no more tricks, just running Caleb to a soccer game (which turned out canceled due to the weather), then Nathaniel and Ethan to fishing class (not canceled due to weather, those crazy fishermen!)  Even though it was 30 degrees, all of those kids were determined to stay and try to catch a fish.  Burr!  I am glad to be home and warm.  I am hoping maybe Easter and Conference weekend will bring a little sunshine.

2 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

I love it!

Holly said...

so creative!!!! you are such a great mom.. love ya!