...so I'm hoping that's what's in store for me.
Because we live in an area of new building, our ward has grown very large. It was getting a little crazy. I'm talking HUGE primary classes and so many kids that sacrament meeting got so noisy you could hardly hear the speaker. So today they split our ward into 2 wards. Because of this, there were many callings that needed to be filled. I get to be a part of that excitment.
I am now the new Sunny Ridge first ward Primary President. Wow, I know. I was shocked too. I am pretty nervous and overwhelmed with the responsibility. But somehow when the bishop extended the call, after I got ovet the initial shock, it just felt right. Not that I haven't shed a few tears and spent some time on my knees, but there is something in me that knows this is right.
With the ward split, we lost many of our teachers and leaders. I am responsible for establishing the entire primary in the next 2 weeks. Also getting enough leaders for scouts and activity days to continue. It's a little scary.
So onward! I press forward with faith that I will be upheld through the calling, excitement at being involved in the children's gospel learning, and gratitude for the opportunity for personal learning and growth. Wish me luck in my new adventure.
5 comments:
They couldn't have picked a better person! You will do a great job, just remember to breathe, and smile!
Wow! That is Awesome Melinda, I am sure that you will do a wonderful job! Congratulations!
You will be an amazing primary president. You will do a wonderful job. Just have faith and all will fall into place. Have so much fun with the kids. Love ya!
It's always so intimidating to get a new calling. I know you'll do great and things will work out how they are supposed to :) You'll have so much fun too ;) Good luck!
Congratulations! I love serving in the primary!! If you need any pointers feel free to call. You will do great!
Post a Comment