1- an early Christmas surprise.
Benjamin and I were in Salt Lake a few weeks back and we went to a playground store to get tthe boys a basketball hoop for Chrismas. We ended up at the wrong store which was Backyard Adventures. They are being bought out by another company and are clearing out all their current stock. We decided this was an opportunity that would not come again and chose to spend the landscaping money (grass would have been nice) on a nice playground. The one we chose was 80% off, you can't beat that! It was installed last week and the kids are having a ball! After all, what's more important - happy kids in mud or grass? Hmmmmm.
2- another party
We went to the Palmer family Christmas party. We enjoyed some good food, opened white elephants, and played a loud, crazy game of Bunko. Santa came by for a visit and brought all the kids a gift.
3- it's a tradition
Every year we attend my parents ward Christmas party and we couldn't miss out this year. They call it Brakfast with Santa. They have a feast of pancakes, hash browns, sausage, and bacon. After we filled up the kids all waited their turn to tell santa all of their Christmas wishes.
After the breakfast we always go to Peteeneet in Payson for the train show. Jaxon, who is expecially into trains, was very excited. Thies year they even had a Thomas train. Jaxon spent the whole time saying "go see that train, over there mom, go see that train."
5- the shopping is done!!
We were excited that we got a good start on our shopping right after Thanksgiving. As Christmas got nearer I begun to get nervous as I made my lists of things I still needed to buy. As I headed out Tuesday to finish up, I vowed to myself that the shopping would be done that day, I would not step foot in another store before Christmas. Hurray, I did it! The shopping is done and everything is wrapped and under the tree. What a relief!! Now with 2 days to go I can sit back and enjoy the holiday.
I think that's it until the next round of fun begins (like making gingerbread houses tonight)
For anyone who may wonder (if anyone does) I did not get a Christmas card out this year. We just barely received our photos that were taken in October so I haven't had the chance to do cards. Who knows, maybe you'll get a Happy New Year from us.
I would like to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas!! I hope you all have a wonderful holiday full of family and fun. And may you and your family be happy and blessed in the coming year.





3 comments:
Merry Christmas! I am very excited for your awesome playground set. Very cool!
Very cool playground. Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun. We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas. I don't have your address to send a card out. If you would e mail it to me it would be appreciated.
Merry Christmas!!!!
I love the playground! 80% off would definitely be hard to pass up. Glad you guys have been having fun :)
Post a Comment