I've never been to a gym, ever. Over the years I've had the occasional thought of signing up but the thought passed on by and that was that. When we were living in the "country" I bought a few good videos and I did them regularly. I have been wanting to get at it again but life has just felt like a whirlwind and I haven't felt like there's been time. Benjamin and I kep talking about getting in better shape and he wants to look at getting a treadmill or something to have at home.
Anyway, a girl that Benjamin works with asked if I wanted to be her workout buddy and go to the gym together so I guess that's what got the ball rolling. Benjamin started talking to people at the Gold's Gym down the street and this morning I found myself there for the grand tour. As of today, Benjamin and I are proud (?) owners of Gold's Gym membership cards. I'm going to give it a try. The guy at the gym today told us that having a gym membership is like having a cell phone "it's like a necessity". Ok, so that wasn't the selling point for us. Obviously the guy works on commission and believe me, today he earned it. We are not an easy sell. But I will admit I am excited to try some of the classes and have all the different machines to use. They even have a daycare which makes it much easier for me to get there. Now I just have to do it.
3 comments:
Sounds fun~ Jon and I use to have a membership about 8 years ago, it was wonderful!
Brian and I use ours all the time. You and Benjamin are both in great shape, but I am sure you will get a kick out of it. It's a great stress reliever!
You have to let me know how you like it.
Post a Comment