I haven't written in a while so here is a quick rundown of what we've been up to.-Caleb got to be the Everyday Hero at school. I went to school with him to tell his class all about him. He got to wear a cape and everything.
-I started spending my Tuesday afternoons at the school helping in all of the boys classes.
-We butchered Benjamin's elk, something I never imagined myself doing
-We attended the Utah Valley Pet Fair (not worth it)
-We wrapped 150 pounds of ground elk in 1 pound packages
-We hauled the pigeon coop from my parents house to ours. Thanks to Benjamin's ingenious ideas, loading and unloading weren't too strenuous. (Here you can see it behind Jaxon jumping like a frog, he says "riggit riggit")
-We attended the Spanish Fork Harvest Moon Hurrah and heard a concert with Peter Breinholt. Fun, but the kids were restless and drove us nuts so we went home, put them to bed, and watched a movie.-We turned the reserved ground elk into meatballs, enough to fill 14 quarts. Still a fridgeful left to deal with.
-We poured the first part of our cement dogruns, we finish tomorrow. Yea to no more dirt clouds and ground in poop.
-thanks to Benjamin's brother and his wife offering to babysit, we got to have a quick date on Friday night. Why is it we always end up at the mall? Oh yea, kid free shopping.
-We sold 2 more puppies, only 3 are left (aren't they cute? and great pointers too). Benjamin is trying to convince me to keep one and train it on my own. Still unconvinced.

-The elementary school's safety week which brought crazy hair day



-Nathaniel crashed jumping the curb on his scooter. Luckily he came out just a bit scraped up. Notice the nice scrape on his forehead, and the day before school pictures too.-the bathroom sink gets fixed tomorrow, Hurray!
There it is, sweet and to the point. Any questions?
3 comments:
What a great week! I envy you all of that wonderful elk meat, but I don't envy all the work you have been doing to get it storeable.
Your kids are super cute and it looks like life is going along well for you.
love,
melissa
What a great week. Lots of meat, scrapes and crazy hair I love it. The boys are getting so big. Very handsome they are.
Busy, busy; all good things, but busy. Isn't that just how it goes though? Any idea when life will slow down? I just keep wondering myself!
Post a Comment