Saturday, June 6, 2009

I have been trying to add new photos of the house to the slideshow and it is giving me grief so I will add a few here. We are about 3 days ahead of schedule, which is good news. The tile guys come on Tuesday and I am really excited for that. I think one of the hard things about working on a house is looking at samples of tile, carpet, paint, stone, etc that are about 12"x12" and then trying to imagine what it will look like on the inside of your house. It will be really exciting to see the interior come together over the next couple of weeks.

The guys are laying the stonework on the exterior
Mostly finished stonework, they just have to finish the column

the start of painting
Benjamin built closet organizers in the bedrooms-this is one of the kids
Doesn't it look great!

So what else is new? Nathaniel got really sick last night - fever, headache, sore throat, throwing up, chills. I decided to take him to the doctor today and it's a good thing. He has strep throat. Hopefully a day or 2 of antibiotics will get him on his feet again. The poor kid is pretty miserable. Now we can just hope it doesn't spread.

It's been a pretty long, tough week and tonight is scrapbook night. I am really looking forward to a little me time. I am on the quest for a new swimming suit (blah) so I am hoping to get in a little kid-free shopping today as well. Trying on swimsuits with 4 boys in tow just doesn't go well. Anyone with suggestions on where to find a good suit, I would love to hear it.

Well, I can't think of much more for now. Everyone have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

Holly said...

I just found a super cute suit at Macy's. The house is looking awesome. Hope Nathaniel feels better very soon. Love you guys

Melissa Lasley said...

The house looks really great, sorry Nathaniel was sick. No fun!