Saturday, April 18, 2009

Spring(?) Break

This week has been the school's spring break but it felt more like winter break. I had all of these plans of fun things we could do like going to parks and for picnics. We started the week off with Ethan getting strep throat and Caleb and Jaxon starting a cough. Then Wednesday hits and it starts to snow. So much for outdoor fun.
By Thursday I was done, I just had to get out of the house. We went to the Art Museum at BYU to check out the Walter Wick exhibit. He's the guy who makes the "I Spy" books (Lori-thanks for the tip). The kids thought it was ok and but got bored and asked when we could leave. They also had an exhibit of crazy things made out of common items. For example, there was a room with a corner full of packing peanuts and every now and then some huge industrial fans would kick on and blow the peanuts everywhere, there was a big stack of plastic lawn chairs, a huge board covered with little sauce packets, and a huge rocklike formation made of black garbage bags. The kids liked it much better and we had to go through it twice.
After the exhibit it was lunchtime so we headed to the mall where we ate and wandered. Poor Ethan, still recovering from being sick, was running out of energy quickly. (Ethan also just recovered from double ear infections so he had a double dose) Soon he was laying on the floor while I looked at clothes. With the hope that summer will come someday I let each of the boys pick a shorts outfit and then we headed for home.
Friday I decided I needed to get my grocery shopping done. My mom offered to watch the boys for me so off I went. (Thanks a million mom!!)
I had planned a variety of art projects for the week but we didn't get to many. We did make "goop" and the boys have enjoyed playing with that.
Saturday my family came over for the monthly family birthdays. We finally got a day of sun and we all enjoyed lounging around in the warmth. We made a baked potato bar and I made up some fruit kabobs and dip. That mixed with some salads and rolls made for a yummy lunch. Most of the group headed to the field for some shooting. With 3 pigeon launchers and 5 or 6 shotguns they had a great time. Benjamin said they shot about 350 rounds. It's always fun to hang out and spend the day with family.
We don't have any TV reception so we just watch alot movies. We have been enjoying alot of family "movie nights" lately. This week we have introduced the boys to the wonderful world of classic musicals. So far we've seen South Pacific, and Oklahoma. We still have many more waiting to be watched. It's been fun to see some old fashion, clean TV. We also watched the movie "Bedtime Stories" which was cute and we enjoyed it but I didn't think it was quite like what the previews made it out to be.
I guess that's it for the week. Coming up I should have some exciting updates on our house situation.
(I know the frog background didn't last long. Although it's very cute, for some reason it just wasn't grooving with me. My blog is one place in life that I get to be cutesie and flowery)

2 comments:

Pays said...

I'm glad you checked out the Walter Wick exhibit. The garbage exhibit was B's favorite too. The peanuts were so fun. Coby and I actually want to go back for a date night. That way we can spend more time "spying" things in those pictures.

Holly said...

I hope all is on the mend at your house. It was good talking to you the other day. Glad to hear that your party went well and everyone had a wonderful time. Have a great week.