Tuesday, March 3, 2009

All the Latest Buzz (which isn't much so don't get too excited)

So not much exciting had been happening, just our usual day to day humdrum. Nathaniel is preparing to participate in the school spelling bee this Thursday. Ethan says thanks to everyone who sent postcards for his school project.
We are LOVING a little warmer weather. We have been enjoying spending time outside- riding the 4 wheeler through the fields, shooting guns, running the dogs and even a little BBQ. We love that we can do this all in the backyard. We really love living here. I wasn't sure I would like living so far from town and people and everything but it's been really nice. It is really peaceful. The people here are AMAZING! We just love the ward. Everyone is sooooo friendly, I don't think I have ever felt so welcome at church. It is going to be really hard to leave this place. We have been looking at options of living here but there aren't many. Anyway, here's a few photos of our country fun:











After having some problems with his fancy new gun, Benjamin was finally able to give it a try on some clay pigeons. And of course the boys and I had the chance to clown around.





Here's a moment good for a chuckle: The other day I was laying on the couch and Jaxon came over and climbed up next to me. He sat there and gave me his sweet little smile. The he studied me for a minute and I could almost see his little brain working. Then he proceeded to stick his finger in his mouth, pull it out and direct it at me, all with this mischievous little grin on his face. It's at this moment that I realize, my nearly 2 year old is about to give me a wet willy!! So of course I change his little plan as I get over the surprise of what my sweet little son was attempting to do. You've just got to love boys, especially boys that have big brothers (and brothers who have great uncles to teach them things like wet willys).
Nathaniel is very excited to be baptized this month. We have been having family home evening lessons on baptism to help his be ready. It will be on the 28th, so mark it on your calender.
On Sunday I received a calling that spurs a whole new adventure. I am the assistant to the 8 year old scouts (I put it that way because I can't remember if they are called bears or wolfs). I know very little about scouts although I know that is about to change as my boys enter the program. I am excited to learn more about scouting and to be able to work with Nathaniel as he enters scouts. Benjamin is working as the assistant deacons quorum advisor.
Other that than and his 8th birthday, things we look forward to this month are:
Benjamin gets to go on his annual pheasant hunt with his friend Nick
Scrapbook night is this Saturday!! YEA!!!
the clocks "springing forward" an hour - WAHOO!
Well, that's not much but it's all I can think of right now. Anyway, maybe life will get more exciting soon. But I guess sometimes the regular humdrum is ok.
Ok, here's a little something to spur some thought. Benjamin and I have this discussion occasionally. We are wondering what makes people post comments on blogs. It's interesting to see that sometimes a blog will get many comments and other times very few. So what is it in a blog that makes a person want to add their advice, opinion, congratulations, criticism, encouragement or other thoughts. Let me know what you think.
To give my input, I admit that I am often to lazy to bother adding a comment, and sometimes I just don't have anything to say about a certain post. But I try to comment on other people's blog because I know that I like to receive comments on mine (and that isn't a hint or anything).

7 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

I'll admit, sometimes the only reason I comment is to let the person know that I read their blog and care about them. (And yes, I want people to comment on my blog too.)
Sometimes I won't comment on a blog if it already has a bunch of comments on it.

Pays said...

You now are officially over the wolf den (I'm the primary counselor over cub scouts, I know it well!) Have fun with that one. I can't believe Nathaniel will be Baptized...where does the time go!
I always try to comment on people blogs, because the person took the time to post, and I like to let them know that I enjoy reading their blog :)

Andie said...

For me I think it is common courtesy to at least make some comment. I try but some times laziness gets the best of me too.
I like to get the comments and know what people think.

Holly said...

Hey, congrats on scouting. I also got called as the Wolf den leader and Kennen was called to be the WEBELOS leader. We are back in scouting which is awesome. We so love it. I hope that our post card made it in time. I post a comment usually to just let you know that I have read what you are up to. I like comments as well on mine.

Kari said...

Sometimes I comment just to let people know I blog-stalk them so I don't feel like I'm spying. Hi! I usually comment if I feel like I have a common connection to that particular blog. It's funny though cause I will have posts that I'm sure will get lots of comments, and then only get one. You just never know what's gonna connect.

blogger said...

Hi! We are trying to organize our class reunion and were told about your blog. We would love to add you to the class blog and also get your e-mail address. Let us know what you think! Thanks!

Cheyenne said...

I love the pics! Looks like so much fun! I love the wet willy story, I couldn't stop laughing!