Thursday, February 19, 2009

Valentines and Anniversary

Here's a little catchup- first Valentines Day-
Benjamin spent the day in Odgen helping his sister move. I hung out at home with the boys. We had chocolate stuffed french toast for breakfast, complete with powdered sugar hearts. Then we broke out the craft supplies and made paper hearts and covered them with stamps and stickers. I gave the boys Madagascar 2 for Valentines Day so after lunch we settled on the couch for a movie and popcorn.
When Benjamin got home we got dressed up for our ward Valentines dance. My niece Tayler came to watch the boys (and they LOVED playing with her). So we headed to the church where we ate, and talked, and met more people, and of course danced. At one point I ended up leading everyone in a conga line (I know, crazy!). We had a really good time. The ward out here is amazing.
This Saturday is my parents 50th anniversary. They leave tonight for California to board a cruise ship for a 15 day Hawaiian cruise. I know, lucky! Anyway, since they will be gone on their anniversary we threw them a party last night. My dad has always wanted to have a luau complete with a whole pit roasted pig, so that's what we gave him.
The party was at Peteeneet in Payson and we decked it out with flowers and pineapples and plenty of leis. We hired out all the food and it was YUMMY! I admit I was a little grossed out seeing an entire pig laying on the table but I found the strength to try some and it was really good. My sister bought them a matching shirt and mumu (I'm not sure how that's spelled but you get the idea). We even bought a round cake and had them cut it together and feed each other a piece. It was cute. All in all, I think it went really well and my parents really enjoyed themselves. Here's a few photos from the night. First one is my sister giving the "speech", next is mom and dad cutting the cake, one is the pig, then Jaxon and his 2nd cousin Kyle being buddies, and finally a funny picture of Jaxon saying cheese (for some reason instead of making him smile, he puckers up).

Anyway, as far as our housing situation, it's best to just not talk about it anymore. We are so frustrated and stress and not knowing what to do. We found a GEORGEOUS house that we were going to make an offer on and them we found out someone had made a bid that was higher than we wanted to go. I am still getting over that disappointment. So for now, don't ask, we will let you know when we figure out what to do.

Other than that we are just enjoying the momentary sunshine and looking forward to spring.

1 comment:

Holly said...

You guys are always doing such fun things. I am glad you had a good Valentines day. I hope you have a great day. We love ya. If you need anything let us know. (I know we are a little ways a way but we are still here for ya)