Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Another birthday

So another birthday come and gone. I can't say there was much unusual about the day. I went about my usual running kids where they needed to be. I did dose off on the couch and forgot it was early out day, thus I was late getting Nathaniel. Anyway, I spent the morning helping in Caleb's preschool, that's always exciting.
For dinner we ate at the Trolley in Springville, it's one of my favorite restaurants. I had ribs and wings. It was very tasty and I actually ate most of it. Afterward some of Benjamin's family came by for cake. Here's the real fun of the day- Benjamin bought me a whole "great wall of chocolate" from PF Changs. I told him I don't even want to know how much that cost. It was probably the best birthday cake ever! They even give you a container of berry sauce and that is almost the best part. If you've never had a great wall of chocolate I suggest you get on over to PF Changs and try it out (you won't regret it), or come to my house before it's gone.
Benjamin bought me a Cricut jukebox and design studio which I am so excited about. Now all I want is some quiet time to myself to play with them. My cricut use has just been greatly expanded! He also got an adapter so we can play the ipod in the car (I am getting it figured out by the way-thanks to a knowledgeable brother-in-law).
Remember that long ago promise we made to the boys about when Benjamin finished school??Well, we have decided to make a last minute trip to Disneyland. Benjamin has a conferance in Las Vegas for work so we thought we'd all go along and head to California for a few days. We leave this Saturday, stay in Vegas until Tuesday then head to Cali until Friday or Saturday. The boys are super excited and are busy doing chores to earn spending money. I am also really excited to spend some time in above freezing temps. We can go thaw out for a few days. Thanks to some family connections we are getting some great hotel deals so hopefully we can keep the expense to a minimum. If I can make it through the long car drive with my 4 boys, it will be a great trip. (I don't like sitting in the car and neither do they.)
Anywho, I'll report when we get back. Everyone have a great week (cause I know I will)

3 comments:

Andie said...

Happy 30 minutes left of your birthday! I meant to come by today but as you can tell it never worked out, but you were in our thoughts!
Thanks also for the "talk" on Monday it really helped I came home and searched LDS.org. See you when you get back Have lOADS of fun

Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.

I hope you have so much fun on your trip. I hope I didn't lead you astray. Good luck and let us know what you think.

Love you guys.

Pays said...

Happy Birthday!! Ahh..the great wall of chocolate...I just had it on sat. It's the best. Have a fun trip in Cali. Perfect time of the year to go too. There will be no crowds!! Have fun and can't wait to see pictures. P.S. I hope you survive the car ride too! I'm not jealous with that part at all ;)