Friday, June 27, 2008

Ethan's new allergy

Today we went to retest Ethan's peanut allergy to see if he had outgrown it as he had the allergy to eggs. Well, unfortanately, he is still allergic to peanuts and now if is also allergic to almonds. That really surprised me that he had developed another allergy. I don't think almonds will be a problem for a long time because he doesn't really eat them. We will just continue to avoid peanuts.

Jaxon really loves to take a bath! One day Ethan was in the bath and Jaxon followed him into the bathroom and climbed into the tub - clothes, shoes, jacket and all. He thought it was pretty funny and yelled when we got him out to take his clothes off.

Benjamin has been trying to decide what to do about our trailer because it needed a bigger axle. So we could either put a new axle on it or sell it and buy a new one. He decided to put the trailer on KSL and see what happened. Well, it sold within a day. Now we have no trailer until he can find exactly what he wants to buy a new one.
He has also been working on fixing up some old grills from Big Springs. He put all new pipes and fittings on them and got them working. A guy from La Casita is buying them for the restaurant.
Tonight is Benjamin's summer work party. They have reserved the Sierra Pool in Orem for the party. They are having dinner from the Bamboo hut and there will be hawaiian dancers and fire dancers. It should be alot of fun. The boys are really excited to go to a "big" pool, we haven't gone to one yet this summer. They will all take swimming lesson in a couple of weeks. I've signed them up for private lessons that will be in the pool of a family we know in the area. We just haven't had much luck with the community lessons, so I am hoping this will go better.
So the summer is moving along. Kickball is done, baseball only has a few more games, we are preparing for another camping trip, and just staying inside to avoid the heat.

3 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

I'm sorry about Ethan's allergy, but it does seem that will be a little easier to avoid (although look out for some candies).
Also I hope you had a good time at the work party. Morgan and I really loved eating at the Bamboo Hut when we were in Utah. They have a delicious fruit drink/dessert that is sinfully good. If they didn't have it you should go to the restaurant. I think the food is decently priced (granted I've been away for 3 years). If I remember correctly it is on the west side of DI.
Love you all!

Ben Kroff said...

Hi,

Ben Kroff here. Nothing to do with the allergy, but I don't have Benjamins email and I have received an update on Mary Knotzon and I would love to send it along to Benjamin.

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

I had to take MIya to get allergy tested a couple days ago. I thought she was allergic to peanuts and oranges. She kept getting rashes all over her belly. It turns out she has bad excema. So we have to start trying super sensitive detergents, soaps and lotions. Its easier than a food allergy though. I have a friend whose son is allergic to peanuts. They're at a huge family reunion now, and she stuck a sign on his chest saying "I'm allergic to peanuts!" So no one would give him any! Funny right?