Saturday, February 9, 2008

On my own


Benjamin left for Las Vegas on Thursday and I have been on my own. I don't care for it much. I really get needing some adult conversation and a little reprieve from the boys. Plus I am a big baby and I get myself really freaked out at night. I am just sure some weirdo out there knows I am alone and is going to break in and get me. As a result I don't get much sleep. I lay in bed and read or watch TV until I can't keep my eyes open any more. He will be home tomorrow, thank goodness.
I don't know if it's their dad being gone or what but the kids have been out of control. I was about to lock myself in my room and scream today. At one point they engaged in a full battle with swords. One of them would get hurt, and after crying for a minute, the anger would kick in and they would go after someone else with a vengence until the other one was crying. Then in the midst of it Jaxon kept getting plowed over and was screaming. It all just kept escalating and Caleb ended up with a welt from a blow with a sword and I had absolutely had it. I made them all sit on separate couches and chill out for a while. All in all, it's been a crazy day and I am looking forward to Benjamin's return.
So after having a break from a calling, I have received a new one. I am the humanitarian specialist for the Relief Society. I am actually really excited about, once I figure out exactly what it is. I know that it has nothing to do with standing in front of a bunch of woman and and hoping you can teach them something. I have an idea what I will be doing and it sounds like a fun calling. I can't wait to dig in and get going on it.
We were sad to hear of the passing of Grandma Moore, but she has been sick for a while and we know she is much better now. We would love to be able to go to the memorial in California, unfortuntely I don't think it is going to work out.
I sure enjoyed watching the press conferance when they announced the new presidency of the church. I was surprused and excited that Elder Uchtdorf is in the presidency. I feel a little of a connection with him because he was the area 70 for my mission. I was able to attend a few meetings where he came and spoke. He is a neat man.
I need to make preparations for Sunday. We are struggling to get to church at 9am when Benjamin is here, so being on my own is going to need extra effort. I figure if everyone baths tonight and I get clothes laid out and the diaper bag packed, then in the morning all we need to do is get dressed and eat breakfast. Sounds easy right? For some reason it never seems to go as easy as it sounds. Hopefully we will at least be on time.

3 comments:

cherie said...

It's Sunday, I hope Benjamin is home to relieve you by now. I don't know how you do it with 3 boys and a baby. You're amazing!

Melissa Lasley said...

I'm sorry Benjamin has been gone for so long, but glad that he is back home. I can't imagine doing it alone with 4 boys, I barely last the day till Morgan gets home from school! You'll have to let us know more about your calling once you get into it more.

Chelsi said...

You don't know me, but your husband (Benjamin) trained mine (Ben) on their mission. I just met him on his way to Vegas this past week when my husband snagged him and forced him to sleep in our gues room, and he told us all about his cute family! Ben was so excited to catch up with "Elder Palmer!" Perhaps one of these days we'll get to meet the rest of you.