Monday, January 21, 2008

Will the sun ever shine again?



So once again we wake up to a blizzard. I spent the morning shoveling snow, and by the time I had shoveled everything I had to do the driveway again. It's crazy!! We must have gotten at least 5-6 inches alreayd and it's not slowing. As has become tradition the last 3 years, Benjamin shovels the show into a big pile and makes a sledding hill in the front yard. He even makes steps going up to the top. It's usually a big hit and it's nice the boys can run outside and go sledding.
Benjamin is pretty much living and breathing school and work now. He has 10 days to finish the semester so he can take his board exam next month. He goes to the hospital 3 days a week and spend the other 2 days doing about 10 hours of homework. He is getting burned out but it with be worth it when he is all done. He looks forward to having time for hobbies. I look forward to him having more time for the family.
So for those Amazing Race fans out there - did you like the outcome? Personally, I was verypleased that TK and Rachel won. I've been fans of theirs for a while. It's nice to see the winners be people who played a nice game and didn't fight with each other. They seem like good people.
Jaxon has finally decided he likes solid food. For a while he wouldn't eat rice ceareal or any baby food. He would spit it all out. For some reason if we offered him anything from the table he loved it and would beg for table food. About a week ago he started loving baby food, now he will inhale a bowlful. It's nice to have another source of nutrition other than me. Jaxon now has 4 teeth, 2 on the bottom on the middle and on the top he has the 2 fangs. It's pretty funny. He is a pretty funny boy, sweet as can be unless someone wrongs him and then the attitude comes out. He is determined to walk but doesn't quite have the necessary balance yet. He gets pretty upset when he can't do what he wants to. And he has curly hair, it is so cute. I am hoping it will stay that way. Although sometimes he looks like a mad scientist when it gets sticking up all over.
We've added a new animal to the farm. We now have 22 chuckers in the pigeon coop. The adventure never ends!!!
For any of you with kids looking for a great deal, Childrens Place is having a big sale. They have lots of things for less than 5 dollars. I got the kids some shoes for $4.99, I can't even do that at Payless. Anyway, check it out and see if there's anything you want. (childrensplace.com) Old Navy was having a big sale too but I found less things I could use there. They are all clearing out winter gear, I figure these are great opportunities to stock up for next year.
Well, thats about it for now. More later, that is if we survive the snow. Here's looking forward to warm sunny days!
ps. OK so the photos are a bit deceiving because by the time I went to take pictures the snow had stopped and the sun did come out.

2 comments:

Melissa Lasley said...

Its fun to hear what is going on with you guys and it was great to talk with you on the phone Monday. I can't believe that Benjamin is so close to being done! Horray!

Matthew and Alisha Palmer Family said...

I can't believe the snow. It snowed here for like two seconds and melted as soon as it hit the ground and everyone was talking about it for days. Ahh, living in the south...

I'm an amazing race fan too...I was cheering for TK and Rachel from like the 3rd episode. They're like the only couple in the history of the show to not scream at each other. Matthew and I are going to be on amazing race someday.... :)

Thanks for the children's place tip--I"ll check it out. I hit the Old Navy Sale last week and got 5 shirts, 7 pairs of pants and 2 winter coats (for the girls for next year) for under $50. I was pretty proud of myself. Also, if you have a Steve & Barry's in your area they're having a big sale--everything is $8.98. Jeans, shoes, everything. Pretty great.